I learn a lot because of George Watsky, a (currently) 30 year old white rapper and poet. It is not this demographic that inspires me but rather the way that he thinks and his use of language. Everyone uses language to communicate a message but Watsky is really good at it if you ask me. I made a discovery about my belief in God because him and the lyrics in a song called "Sarejavo." Not an entirely original phrase but he still deserves credit as it is because of him that I have had this epiphany. The lyrics go like this,
"God is love and love is all we have."
I've always felt like these lyrics were significant and I've felt "connected" to them. The other day, I inadvertently found out why.
I'm not one who necessarily likes math but I did learn a few things. If A=B and B=C than A=C right? I think that is how the formula goes. Both of these thoughts, the lyrics and the "equation" crossed my mind at similar times and I ended up plugging the lyrics into the equation. It looks something like this:
God=Love
Love=All that we have
And thus,
God=All that we have
That is pretty much it. I'm sure that i'm not alone in this, and i'm going out on a limb here (i'm being sarcastic, can you tell?), but i've always struggled understanding God. This helped. Thanks Watsky. You're the man.
"Sarajevo"- Live Version
"Sarajevo"-Album Version
No comments:
Post a Comment