Ya, I had that period in life where I thought video games were everything. That doesn't really have a lot to do with this post tho... but i'll tell you why it is relevant.
Have you ever played Sims??
If you have, you'll understand my point a lot quicker. If you haven't, here is the long and short:
Sims is a role playing game where you create a character and from there, you control them and their life. When you create the character, you create their personality by putting an exhaustive amount of experience points in certain areas; by doing so, you can determine if your character will be sloppy or neat, shy or outgoing, lazy or active, serious or playful, and grouchy or nice.
I don't necessarily want to upload a picture for better understanding so... I hope you get it.
To get to the point, I feel like this is how we have been created. Or at least that is my theory.
I have felt recently on this topic that everyone is human, and everyone is equal but in their own unique way. We are equal in that we have the same amount of "experience points" but unique in that we have them arranged in very different ways.
Me personally? I feel like i'm as neutral as you can get! A "jack of all trades and a master of none;" never try, never fail; never get too excited and never get too let down. That is me. And i'm aware of the blessing and curse that it is in my life. But to each his own.
*I have met people who seem to be good at everything and always have their shit together. These are the exceptions to my theory. So forget about them. It's just a theory anyway.*
Since i've had this idea, there have been other thoughts that have helped to solidify it in my mind as more of a belief than a theory.
First, and quite simply, I believe in a God that is fair. There are many things that are unfair in this life and believing that He is fair, and believing in this theory, is really the only way that I can believe in God.
It has been observed and said that there is a fine line between genius and insanity. This idea lends to this theory because if you have all of your "experience points" in the genius category, then you are unable to place these points in the sanity column. Along these same lines is some extremely talented people that I know, who are really good at one thing, seem to have a harder time dealing with life in general. Perhaps this means that when too many points are put in the "talent" category, a sacrifice is made in the "ability to keep you shit together" column.
No comments:
Post a Comment