Thursday, June 7, 2018

Drifting


I love drifting. 

But I am by no means a drift king. 😉

But there is something serene in the sound of tires singing as they swing a shrill symphony across the ground. 
Not just the sound but the smell expounds my soul and makes me feel... alive. 

Now, just IMAGINE. 
I change into first and check my surroundings to make sure I won’t hit the pole cause the sound of my right quarter panel pounding the concrete would, although make a damn good (hopefully viral) video... suck. Really bad. (‘cause i’m a poor post graduate who doesn’t have the kind of money to wreck my car and fix it let alone upgrade or even paint the damn thing… anyway…)

Despite this fear I change into gear and give it some gas to brake the "posi trac" loose and swing the caboose of this beast where (at least) for a moment I feel... ALIVE!
When the tires get hot they will screech and squeal making me feel like I just popped a pill to accelerate my heart and increase the thrill of being on the brink of out of control, but still... in control. 

life’s funny like that. 

Just like a car has a driver, the body has a soul and the soul is in control and lets the body rock and roll! ...if it wants to.  

Or drift a car. 

The soul allows the body to stay close or travel far… 

…Like to Japan. For two whole years. For reasons halfway known but that still aren’t very clear. Either way, I’m happy that I went. To try and find people who believed that I was heaven sent bringing the message that the body has a soul and that soul has a Father who loves you whether you bother to love him back. 
And the Father has a Son who set an example that if we follow will never let us go off track. 

But sometimes we drift. 

Sometimes we don’t. 

Sometimes we will have traction. 

And sometimes we won’t. 

Whether we do or don’t is completely up to us. Take stock of your life to find what you need to adjust. 

Either way,

A direction in life matters. So… when it comes to drifting in life or in a car, I try to choose the ladder. 

(I don't always succeed. But that is not what matters.)

 


No comments:

Post a Comment